some things are better left unexplained.

The number of unmatched socks in this sock drawer is: 1. Add your own sock.

Somebody named Anonymous Zed shared the following words of wisdom...

I have had that exact conversation before...

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sunday, June 17, 2012

55/365 My other woman

Do you know she calls you 
My "other woman?"
She's just joking
But she means it.
I crawl into bed ad 2:30 Friday morning
She turns the other way
Mumbles, half-asleep, that my collar smells
Like diner food and second-hand smoke.
I assure her I love her more than anything
It's just, Thursday nights only happen once a week
And Sam says next week's feature is amazing
And if we've never heard them before we need to go
Because they're going to blow us "the f-&#" away
And how could I stay home and miss that?
I love that.
She rolls her head back onto the corner of my pillow
Opens one skeptical eye
...
"More than anything?"

Your blog is better than my blog.