some things are better left unexplained.

The number of unmatched socks in this sock drawer is: 0. Add your own sock.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sunday, April 29, 2012

47/365, 26/30 At the Reunion

Hey, calisthenics.
Remember me? from freshman gym?
It's been a while, I know
It's hard to recognize me
with the facial scruff
the slightly rounder face
and the extra hundred pounds or so.
At least I'm not the only one.
That medicine ball over there
must be twice as heavy as I remember.
Are you sure it's the same one?
I saw the tee shirts on my way in.
Remember how they used to hang on me,
the size large?  I used to love them.
I don't know what happened.
It just didn't work for us, after a while.
I grew.  They didn't.
They just got all clingy.
I felt bad, but I ended up dumping them
for a series of eXes,
and even a few double-eXes.
You know how it goes.
And sure, every now and then I have those fantasies,
wishing it could be like old times
and they were still perfect for me,
proudly letting everybody know
that I was on the math team in 1988,
I'm a huge fan of Def Leppard,
and that someone who loves me went to Niagara Falls
and all I got was this stupid tee shirt.
Hey there, ten-speed bicycle.
so what have you been up to?
I haven't seen you since...
You're right.  We really need to get together more.
I keep telling myself that,
but you know how things are.
I'm sure you're the same way.
Oh, really?  Sorry, I didn't realize
the garage was so lonely.
That's my fault, isn't it?
I promise, I'll make it up to you.
Real soon, one of these days
I'll take you out again.
We can go for a ride,
just like old times.
No, I really mean it.
But have you tried this cheesecake?
and the milkshakes?
and the bacon-wrapped, bacon-filled, deep-fried cheese?
We don't need to make the plan right now, do we?
I know where to find you.
We'll do it in the next week
or two. I have your number.
I'll call you, I will.
No, really.
I will.

Your blog is better than my blog.