some things are better left unexplained.

The number of unmatched socks in this sock drawer is: 0. Add your own sock.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Friday, August 02, 2002

Aug 2, 2002

If Memory Serves

For every name forgotten
A thousand mamories fade as well
Time, the great devourer of my life
Stealing from both hands
As I grow
Longer in the tooth
And shorter on time
What have I done
These memories that others cherish
Or silently hate
While I still grasp at knowing the year
The occasional joyous connection
A recollection, both a blessing and a curse.
Stumbling over a long-lost someone
That somebody I think perhaps I knew
Or loved
Or wished I could have
How many best friends I ought to have
And don't
Or might be losing even now
Steel trap rusted
But I'll get by on what I have
For as long as it still snaps shut.

Your blog is better than my blog.