some things are better left unexplained.

The number of unmatched socks in this sock drawer is: 0. Add your own sock.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Saturday, December 12, 1998

December 12, 1998

Bedtime

Bewildered and Clumsy I answered
You were there
And as always, you were sorry for something
I just wished I'd known quite what to say.

Fortunate or Lucky you told me
I was shocked
And floundering I sucked in my disbelief
You just held a tone too kind to read.

Nervous but Measured I read one
You were still
And with patience, you could hear my memory
I just knew you'd heard more than I'd said

Pleased, yet somehow not, you thanked me
I was weak
And reluctant, I closed the book too hard
You just couldn't hear the latest page

Bewildered and Clumsy I left you
You were there
And as always, I was sorry for everything
I just wished I'd said something I knew.

Your blog is better than my blog.