some things are better left unexplained.

The number of unmatched socks in this sock drawer is: 0. Add your own sock.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Thursday, December 31, 1998

Dec 31, 1998 - Jan 1, 1999

Overlapping waves

Milennium minus one and counting
Wishing you were here
Again or still
I don't know which
An hour since you made your toast
Blew your noise-maker
And kissed away your first resolution
A night I wish I hadn't missed.

Chicago minus one and counting
Somewhat glad I'm here
Although or in addition
I question what it's worth
Ushering in the hour with a lecture
The year with charming exposition
Skilled words and Amazing Grace
A night I wish I could have shared.

Frozen minus one and counting
Winter powerfully here
Good or bad
It hardly matters
Hours til I make my departure
Head for home
And hope you're there for my return
A night I wish was meant to be.

Fellowship minus one and counting
Not belonging here
Now or ever
I know it's just me
A year in which I'll make my toast
Blow my nose too often
And kiss away my last resolution
A night I wish would just get here, and be gone.



"The night I didn't party like it was 1999... I was listening to a lecture
about waves, chords, and music that was neat, and I don't remember much else."

Your blog is better than my blog.